Saturday, March 13, 2010

Surname Saturday: HALL


("Surname Saturday" is a daily theme many genealogy bloggers use.)

I'm following ahnentafel (chart #) order for my Surname Saturday posts. (Don't worry if you don't know what that means; it's a genealogy thing.) Unfortunately, my shortest lineage and biggest brick wall is the surname I was born with: HALL.

1. Liz HALL married (Hubby :) ) MORGAN.

2 (Dad) HALL married
3 (Mom) STEVENSON.

4 Robert Bunyan HALL. Born on 18 Mar 1877? in Newton, Baker Co., GA? or 1878 near Richmond, VA? Died in Sulphur, Calcasieu, LA, on 20 Nov 1952. Buried in Sulphur, Calcasieu, LA.  On 26 Oct 1918, he married Elia LEGERE in Carencro?, Lafayette, LA.
[Note: Two previous wives: Corrie or Carrie WILLIAMS and Jessie [unknown last name].
5 Elia LEGERE. Born on 18 Sep 1889 in Scott, Lafayette, LA. Elia died in Sulphur, Calcasieu, LA, on 18 Sep 1956. Buried in Sulphur, Calcasieu, LA.

8 George HALL? of GA? or of Richmond, VA area? married
9 Georgia BURNAMAN? BURNHAM? BURNAM? 

Unfortunately, this is my shortest line, and my biggest brick wall.  For more info, see my posts about my "mystery grandpa" Robert Bunyan Hall, here and here

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across this and had coincidentally JUST been browsing your blog. (I'm from Carencro.) Didn't know if it could help you or not. Seems you'll take what you can get on your 'mystery grandpa'. I copied and pasted what interested me below link.

    Link is: http://vermilionville.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2014-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=50

    Col. Geo. W. Hall, proprietor of the show which played here Wednesday is a Confederate soldier, having served, to-gether with a number of our fellow citizens, in the 26th regiment. The colonel met some of the old "vets" and a jolly good time just the same.
    Lafayette Advertiser 3/2/1895.

    ReplyDelete