Note: If you're reading on GeneaBloggers, sorry for the second post; I mistakenly hit "publish" earlier in the week before I was ready. :( Blog and learn ...
Today we have my STEVENSON line - my mom's family lineage, backwards in time from North Louisiana through the South and back to SC, PA and County Antrim, Ireland. Corrections, additions, and questions welcomed; this is a work in progress. Numbers refer to ahnentafel (pedigree chart) numbering. I have to credit my mom with most of the research on this line.
"Paw Paw" Stevenson (#6 below), Mom, and me, June 1966?, Karnack, TX? Photographer unknown. Photo privately held by the Hall family, La.
1. Liz HALL MORGAN -- me
2. Dad HALL.
3. Mom STEVENSON.
6. Alvin Jasper STEVENSON. Born on 1? or 2 Feb 1897 (We always thought it was Feb. 2, but recently discovered a couple of records with Feb. 1! Typos?) in Athens, Claiborne Parish, LA. Alvin Jasper died in Sulphur, Calcasieu, LA, on 6 Nov 1974. Buried in Athens, Claiborne, LA (Tulip Cemetery).
On 16 Dec 1926, in Ringgold, Bienville, LA, he married:
7. Edna Maud PATE. Born on 17 Mar 1896 in Heflin, Webster, LA. Edna Maud died in Lake Charles, Calcasieu, LA, on 13 Mar 1986. Buried in Athens, Claiborne, LA (Tulip Cemetery).
12. John William STEVENSON. Born on 9 Jul 1871 in Claiborne Parish, LA. John William died in Caddo Parish??, LA, on 29 Apr 1942. Buried in Athens, Claiborne, LA (Tulip Cemetery).
On 30 Nov 1893, in Athens, Claiborne, LA, he married:
13. Maggie Elizabeth McCOY. Born on 16 Aug 1876 in Lincoln Parish?, LA. Maggie Elizabeth died in Minden, Webster, LA, on 11 Aug 1937. Buried in Athens, Claiborne, LA (Tulip Cemetery).
24. James W. STEVENSON. Born abt 1845 in Homer, Claiborne Parish, LA. James W. died in Mineral Wells, Palo Pinto, TX, in late 1880s.
On 13 Oct 1870, in Claiborne Parish, LA, he married:
25. Hannah Etta? or Edwards? KILPATRICK. Born on 19 Nov 1848 in Franklin Co., TN. Hannah E. died in Cross Roads?, Claiborne Parish, LA, on 13 Dec 1927. Buried in Athens, Claiborne, LA (Tulip Cemetery). (Hannah's 2nd husband was Giles Weaver DOBBINS, m. 28 Feb 1889 in Claiborne Parish, LA.)
48. William B. STEVENSON (STEPHENSON). Born abt 1816 in Clark Co., AR. William B. died after 1880 in Titus Co., TX?
Abt 1838, in LA?, he married:
49. Mary BURNS. Born abt 1817 in AL? or MS? Mary died aft 1860, prob. in Claiborne Parish, LA or Titus Co., TX.
96. James STEVENSON (STEPHENSON), (Jr.) Born abt 1785? in Station 96, SC. James died abt 1852 in Aycock, Claiborne, LA. [Note: He followed his brother William "the Riding Preacher" Stevenson, a Methodist minister, to LA, traveling together at times.]
Abt. 1815, in Clark Co., AR or Shelby Co., TN, he married:
97. Anna TABOR. Anna was b. abt 1795 in SC.
192. James STEVENSON (STEPHENSON). Born abt 1730 in Ballycrag?, Co. Antrim, N. IRELAND. Immigrated to America abt 1740? James died in Abbeville District, SC, abt 3 Jun 1822. [Note: His brother was William "Little Gabriel" Stephenson.]
On 16 June 1748? in Washington Co., PA, he married:
193. Elizabeth (WELDON?)
384. STEVENSON. Died bef 1740 in County Antrim, N. IRELAND.
385. Mrs. Stevenson. (Her 2nd husband was a Mr. WHITE, with whom she came to America & settled in Washington Co., PA)